September 1, 2021
For purposes of this Agreement, “Site” refers to the MARI Magazines’ website, which can be accessed at marimagazines.com.
“Service” refers to our services accessed through our Site such as reference content, advertising, email communications, training, events, that refer or display a link to this notice and are of interest to the general public as well as to our team of “MARI members”.
“You” refers to you, as a user of our Site or our Service.
I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information.”
Non-Personal Information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as anonymous usage data, general demographic information we may collect, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks.
Personal Information we collect depends on the Services we deliver to you and the extent in which you wish to be involved with MARI. We may collect the following personal information about you:
- Name and contact details, such as, first and last name, email address, telephone number.
- Work-related information, such as job title and other employment or education information.
- Usage information, such as behavioral information about how you navigate within our Services and which elements of our Services you use the most and information regarding the goods and/or services you wish to order, wish list, preferences, interest, etc. In addition to other information shared by you through our websites and other Services.
- Computer, device and connection information, such as, IP address, browser type and version and location.
- Market Research. You may be invited to participate in market research surveys conducted by us or on our behalf for our own internal business purposes and also market research surveys conducted by or on behalf of third party sponsors that commissioned the survey. For some surveys, you may be asked to provide personal information for re-contact (e.g., by e-mail or phone) purposes.
- Forums. Forums are exclusive to MARI members. We encourage you to exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these forums, as this information is made available to other users.
1. Information collected via Technology
2. Information you provide us by using the Contact Us form
3. Children’s Privacy
The Site and the Service are not directed to anyone under the age of 13. The Site does not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 13, or allow anyone under the age of 13 to sign up for the Service. In the event that we learn that we have gathered personal information from anyone under the age of 13 we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you believe we have collected such information, please contact us at [email protected].
II. HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
In general, the Personal Information you provide to us is used to help us communicate with you. For example, we use Personal Information to contact users in response to questions, solicit feedback from users, provide technical support, and inform users about promotional offers.
We may share Personal Information with outside parties if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable legal process or enforceable governmental request; to enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations; address fraud, security or technical concerns; or to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
If our information practices change at any time in the future, we will post the policy changes to the Site so that you may opt out of the new information practices. We suggest that you check the Site periodically if you are concerned about how your information is used.
As such, information about you may be used for the following purposes:
- Provision of Services. We may use the information collected about you to provide and improve our Services, and to develop new Services.
- Marketing, such as providing you with marketing or advertising communications that we think you may be interested in. This processing is with your given consent or for our legitimate interests;
- Recruiting, such as assessing job applicants. This processing is in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract or with your given consent;
III. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. We limit access to personal information by our employees, volunteers, members, partners, service providers and third-party service providers on a ‘need-to-know’ basis. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
IV. YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
V. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
VII. CONTACT US
Please note that if you contact us to assist you, we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.