At MARI Magazines, we build on MARI’s goal to decrease errors of medicine through distributing knowledge. The most important advances in any field have resulted from the collaborative effort of dedicated teams who strive to make a change. Our collaborators are leaders in their field and dedicated activists who want to see healthcare change.
MARI Magazines accepts submissions year-round addressing any topic related to needs, barriers, experiences, and relevant solutions to modern healthcare challenges. Some possible topics include:
- > Novel findings or technology to improve disease outcomes.
- > Commentary on possible solutions to address gender, age, and racial disparities in medicine.
- > Creative solutions to decrease errors in medicine.
MARI Magazines is independent of any organization, company, or institution and will not publish work that promotes any product, ideology, or practice. We do, however, welcome submissions from members of patient advocacy groups, businesses, and other organizations or institutions so long as the group, company, or organization is not the major topic of the final submission.
All submissions should be unpublished, original work.
All submissions should include a document with the following information:
- > Title and short abstract or introduction (no more than 200 words).
- > Author(s) affiliation and headshot(s)
- > Social media handle, if interested in getting mentioned on social media
Submission Guidelines – Written Work
- Submissions should be 900 – 1500 words written to inspire non-experts to learn more and intrigue experts to get involved in exploring solutions. Keep in mind your submission should answer the following in some way:
- What is the relevance to patients or non-experts?
- What are the current goals and future impacts?
- We are looking for well-researched submissions linking to original scientific research, wherever possible, in reputable journals using APA citation.
- If your submission includes figures, send up to three (3) figures in-text and as separate files. Figures should be sent as .png or .jpeg files.
Submission Guidelines – Photo Essays
- Submissions should be between 10 – 15 shots to inspire and tell a story about the photographer’s point of view.
- Final submissions should be at 1800px – 2400px wide, at 72dpi sent as a link to a file-sharing site, such as Google Drive.
- Include captions for each photo (100 words).
- If your photographs feature a person or group of people, please include a statement that you have written permission of all these individuals for print and online publication.
Email us at [email protected] for any inquiries about submitting or pitching your work. We will be happy to work with you to ensure you have all the material necessary to successfully publish with us.